Monday, November 19, 2007

"What? What? Wait, that's me!!"

This is what I said to the youngest kidling this morning when I was reading one of my favorite blogs, CraftBoom! Once a week, CraftBoom's Lisa features three Etsy shops and this week one is mine! I've mentioned CraftBoom! before in my post about excellent photography tutorials. It's an excellent resource for marketing a craft-related business and I highly recommend spending some time there.

Lisa also owns a lovely on-line shop, U-Handbag, that is full of all sorts of bag-making supplies and fabrics I covet. And she has another excellent blog for that shop, U-Handblog, which I haunt every day. AND she is a bag-maker extraordinaire who shares her expertise with a wide range of tutorials.


She is someone I highly respect and I'm honored she picked my shop to feature.

I kind of feel like Courtney Cox in that Bruce Springsteen video where he pulls her up from the audience to dance on stage. (Hmmm, does that reference date me as much as I think it does? Did you even know that Courtney Cox was in a video with The Boss long before she was Monica? Or that she was the ill-fated second girlfriend of Michael J. Fox on "Family Ties"? Perhaps I should just stop now.)

Speaking of rock stars, I might have one over to my house tomorrow for a recording session with Chris. I'll let you know who if the session actually happens!

5 comments:

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) said...

congratulations on your feature! you deserve it...your work is SO wonderful! :)

Lisa said...

I just found your blog courtesy of Lisa Lam. Be prepared for your stats to shoot through the roof now! I think Lisa is the Oprah book club of the blogosphere.

Anyway, I immediately knew you reference to Courtney Cox and Bruce Springstein! Guess we know how old each other is!!

Will now spend the rest of the day cruising through your blog, and leaving random way late comments :)

maia (glassbeach) said...

Thanks so much for the compliment, imake!

Welcome, Lisa! Hee, I think Lisa Lam is the Oprah book club, too!

Steph said...

Congrats!

My husband has had a crush on Courtney Cox ever since Family Ties. That dates him, but he and I are exactly the same age (off by 23 days) so it dates me too.

Steph said...

Holy Cow! Just went to check out CraftBoom, and now I am never going to get any work done today!